Blueridge BR-283A Pre-war Series 000 Guitar with Deluxe Hardshell Case
Brand: Blueridge Guitars
- Solid Adirondack spruce top with scalloped braces provides you with superior note clarity and volume to spare
- Premium solid rosewood back and sides for a strong bass response and focused treble
- Slim mahogany neck offers fast, easy action and inherently long-lasting stability
- Quality natural bone nut and saddle for best tone transmission
- Gold-plated 14:1 tuners are smooth and precise to always keep you in tune
- Superior CD-1514 deluxe hardshell case included for maximum protection
- To learn more, please see our Product Description below
Warranty: Limited lifetime.
Presenting the BR-283A Pre-war Series OOO Acoustic Guitar by Blueridge
Combine the finest modern workmanship, the rarest, costliest tooods and lavish, abalone pearl inlay on every border and you have the finest guitar that money can buy—the Blueridge BR-283A! This 000 sized guitar is just the right size for comfort and ease of playing, but retains the big tone, clarity and volume that’s perfect for live performance as well as recording work. The top is crafted from the finest Adirondack spruce and braced with the same forward-x pattern parabolic braces as the 1930’s original. Rare and costly solid rosewood is used for the back and sides and gorgeous abalone pearl is inlaid on every border to make this flagship guitar a stunning visual display as well as a performance instrument. Truly, there is no finer guitar available in its price range to compare.
Body Wood Selection
The finest even-grained solid Adirondack spruce is used for the tops of our Prewar Series guitars while the backs are either solid mahogany or solid premium rosewood of the finest description. The one-piece necks are select mahogany and the rosewood guitars feature the traditional diamond-shaped carved volute on the back of the headstock.
Fingerboards and Fittings
The bridges and fingerboards on these flagship models are of the finest ebony with the fingerboards inlaid with position marks of white and abalone pearl. Genuine bone is used for nuts and saddles, and peghead overlays are of the finest rosewood. Highest quality tuning machines are fitted and plated in either nickel or gold.
Every feature of the Prewar Originals is faithfully reproduced in these marvelous guitars, from the scalloped forward-X top bracing to the small, maple bridge plate that reinforces the underside of the top. All braces, blocks and linings are just big enough to perform their structural function without adding excess bulk or weight.
The traditional teardrop-shaped pickguard on each Prewar Series guitar is of the distinctive Dalmatian tortoise material introduced by Blueridge several years ago. The bindings of the mahogany models are imitation tortoise, while the higher models feature grained ivoroid binding. All models feature pearl designs on the rosewood peghead overlay. A lovely natural high-gloss finish is standard on every guitar, and each Prewar Series guitar is fully shop-adjusted and tested prior to shipment. These Blueridge flagship models are comparable to expensive Boutique hand made guitars in every way—except for our affordable prices!
Blueridge Prewar Series Fine guitars inspired by classics from the past!
These flagship models of the Blueridge guitar line are no doubt the best we have ever built! Each guitar is individually handcrafted to prewar specifications—from the finest, most expensive tonewoods using the time-honored construction methods that helped give those fabled originals their legendary tone and present day collectors’ value! The top is graduated to just the right thickness to balance optimum tone and volume with structural integrity. The forward-X bracing pattern found on all the great prewar examples is also used here to give these brand-new collectibles a tone similar to that of the originals when they were new. The interior finish is just as neat, clean and precise as that of the exterior. The necks feature the classic nut width of 1. ˝ and the fully-adjustable truss rod allows for perfect neck alignment at all times. These one-piece necks are skillfully shaped and proportioned for the utmost in player comfort and the low, smooth nickel-silver frets are polished to perfection. The tasteful bindings and subtle decorations on the mahogany models are true to vintage specs, as is the delicate herringbone inlay on the rosewood models and the lavish abalone pearl on all borders of our top-line model. Every Blueridge Prewar Series guitar is worthy of the most discriminating player or collector and each is priced to appeal to all players!
- Select solid Adirondack spruce top with hand-carved parabolic top braces in authentic Pre-war forward X-pattern
- Premium, hand selected, solid rosewood back and sides, all of a matching set
- 000 body style with 14th-fret neck joint
- Ebony fingerboard with Pearl Snowflake position markers and ebony bridge
- Maple bridge plate
- Neck is a comfortable design made of solid mahogany and features a dovetail neck joint, adjustable truss rod, and a traditional carved diamond volute
- The headstock is beautifully adorned with an original, floral design, abalone and M-O-P inlay
- Natural high-gloss finish
- All body borders are trimmed is genuine abalone pearl in the authentic prewar style
- Bone nut and saddle
- Saga's distinctive Dalmatian, tortoise-style pickguard
- Accurate vintage-style, 14:1 ratio gold-plated open-back tuners with butterbean-style buttons
- Nut Width of 1 ¾ inch
- Scale Length of 25.6 inch (650 mm)
- Shop Adjusted