Line 6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69 Modeling Electric Guitar; Black
Brand: Line 6
- Retro-inspired 60's-style double cutaway
- 25 guitars in one. State-of-the-art models of 25 immortal instruments with astonishing advancements in tone, pitch tracking and response.
- 12 tunings. Instantly switch between a set of customized alternate and drop tunings without affecting string tension or guitar playability.
- Virtual capo. Place a "virtual capo" anywhere on the neck without missing a beat.
- Variax Workbench. Swap your P-90 for a lipstick, and more. Workbench software lets you mix and match every guitar body, pickup and alt tuning we offer.
- Variax Workbench. Swap your P-90 for a lipstick, and more.
- It is retro-inspired in the 60's-style double cutaway.
- State-of-the-art models of 25 immortal instruments with astonishing advancements in tone.
- Instantly switch between a set of customized alternate and drop tunings without affecting string tension.
- Place a "virtual capo" anywhere on the neck without missing a beat.
- Swap your P-90 for a lipstick, and more.
- Workbench software lets you mix and match every guitar body.
Publisher: Line 6
Release Date: 2010-09-17
JTV-69 is designed in the classic 25-1/2” scale, 3-pickup tradition. Its alder body, maple neck, and 22-fret rosewood fingerboard produce a bright, percussive snap but can yield plenty of bluesy warmth when required.
The brand-new James Tyler Custom Tremolo bridge, which was engineered for increased resonance and improved tuning stability, gives you access to the smooth vibrato action that is a big part of this breed of guitar.
A PAF-style humbucker in the bridge complements the vintage-style single-coil pickups in the neck and middle positions. (All are loaded with alnico magnets and wound to James Tyler's specs.)
JTV-69 guitars are carefully constructed to exacting standards at one of the world's most respected guitar factories. Upon arrival at its region of sale, each instrument undergoes a high-quality, multi-point setup and inspection.
About James Tyler Variax GuitarsThese instruments represent the latest Line 6 Variax technology in a finely crafted guitar designed by master luthier James Tyler. Much more than just guitars -- they are simply inspiring.
60 years ago, the advent of the electric guitar allowed players to connect to their music and their audiences in powerful new ways. As music evolved, traditional electric guitars clung to the past while others provided broader palates of sounds.
James Tyler Variax modeling guitars are revolutionary instruments that offer guitarists unprecedented ranges of tones based on history's most desirable electric and acoustic guitars.
Featuring instrument designs by legendary luthier James Tyler and guitar modeling by modeling pioneers Line 6, James Tyler Variax guitars are turning guitar history on its ear.
- Alder body
- Bolt-on solid maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
- 25-1/2" scale length
- Tyler '59 neck shape
- 22 medium-jumbo frets and dot inlays
- 1-5/8" Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL self-lubricating nut
- Sealed locking/staggered tuners (16:1 turn ratio)
- Chrome hardware
- Fully adjustable Tyler-designed tremolo bridge
- L. R. Baggs Radiance Hex piezo pickup system
- Alnico bridge humbucker and vintage-style neck and middle single-coil pickups wound to Tyler's specs
- Master volume and tone knobs
- Model knob and Alt Tune roller knob
- 5-way selector switch
- VDI (Variax® Digital Interface) for integration with Line 6 POD® xt, POD® X3, Vetta™ II amplifier, and other Line 6 products
- Li-Ion battery (12 hours of play time), and international wall charger
- Variax Workbench™ software and USB interface
- Includes quality padded gig bag
- Additional battery, charger and cable kit available separately
- 1960 Fender® Telecaster® Custom
- 1968 Fender® Telecaster®
- 1968 Fender® Telecaster® Thinline
- 1959 Fender® Stratocaster®
- 1958 Gibson® Les Paul® Standard
- 1952 Gibson® Les Paul® “Goldtop”
- 1961 Gibson® Les Paul® Custom (3 PU)
- 1956 Gibson® Les Paul® Junior
- 1976 Gibson® Firebird V
- 1955 Gibson® Les Paul® Special
- 1959 Gretsch® 6120
- 1956 Gretsch® Silver Jet
- 1968 Rickenbacker® 360
- 1966 Rickenbacker® 360-12
- 1961 Gibson® ES®-335
- 1967 Epiphone® Casino
- 1957 Gibson® ES®-175
- 1953 Gibson® Super 400
- 1959 Martin® D-28
- 1970 Martin® D 12-28
- 1967 Martin® O-18
- 1966 Guild® F212
- 1995 Gibson® J-200
- 1935 Dobro® Alumilite
- Danelectro® 3021
- Coral/Dano® Electric Sitar
- Gibson® Mastertone Banjo
- 1928 National® Style 2 “Tricone”
- Standard: E A D G B E
- Drop D: D A D G B E
- 1/2 Down: Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb
- Drop Db: Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb
- 1 Down: D G C F A D
- DADGAD: D A D G A D
- Open D: D A D F# A D
- Blues G: D G D G B D
- Reso G: G B D G B D
- Open A: E A C# E A E
- Baritone: B E A D F B